GitPlac.si is a publicly-accessible, but personal, self-hosted
instance of the Gitlab software on 🇸🇮 slovenian network.
GitPlac uses the
gitplac.si domain. Automated emails are send from addresses
firstname.lastname@example.org. For hosting Registry Gitplac uses the
gcr.si domain (and still handles the deprecated
registry.gitplac.si domain). Domains
gitapp.si are also used for hosting
Pages, and for deployment of select projects.
Platforms, functionalities and specifics
- User accounts
- Anyone can create their own account on GitPlac, which will be disabled upon signup until approved by an
administrator. This setup is used to limit the possibility of abuse.
- Most of the additional extenal services and functionalities, which require authentication, use the OpenID system which allows
you to sign in with your GitPlac account - removing the need of having yet another account.
- Static site hosting runs on a system called Gitlab Pages. Read more about it on the Pages subpage.
- Container registry
- Just like DockerHub, but tightly integrated into Gitlab itself. Read more about it on the Registry
- You can automate the translation of C++ projects into binary files, the packaging of web applications into optimized static files,
or the building of Docker containers with the CI/CD system. You can simplify work and configuration by
using specially developed tools.
- The physical location of the data
- All the data storage, processing and backups are stored on privately owned hardware and - unless the client is located
elsewhere - transfered only on the slovenian networks.
- Hosting and maintenance is performed by Aljaž Starc. In case of any issues find the contact on the
personal web page.